22 December 2015

5 Months

I suck.  Little guy is already 6 months old and I'm just now posting his 5 month update.  My little guy is slightly less little, and he's learning new skills all the time.  It's really awesome seeing him learn - he concentrates on things and I can see the wheels turning in his head as he tries to master new things.  I am more than a little sad that he's growing up though.

Nicknames: Yum Yum, Yummers, Monkey, Prince Pretty

Stats: about 18 lbs 10 oz, unsure of length, wears 3-6 month clothes (bodysuits with snapped legs/feetie jams are getting snug, 9 months fit better in these styles), size 3 diapers

Feeding:  still exclusively breastfed, we still haven't introduced bottles (oops!), and I still rarely pump.

Sleeping:  we're still experiencing middle of the night wakings, and sometimes he won't go back to sleep without nursing.  B and I have talked about moving him into a Pack n Play in our room to get him used to laying flat and being slightly farther away from me, but we need to get rid of some extra furniture in our room before we can do that.  I'm hoping that transitioning him will help him sleep longer and not need midnight snacks.

Likes:  rolling over, tummy time, jumperoo (for little bursts), Moose toy, pacifier

Dislikes: loud, unexpected noises, laying still for diaper changes; waiting for me to get prepared to feed him

Milestones/tidbits:

  • Rolls back to front


Recent Google searches:

  • How to teach baby to roll from front to back
  • Signs of teething

No comments:

Post a Comment