07 January 2012

Life Stuff

This week was pretty special. I went on 2 - yes, two! - dates with my husband. That’s almost more than we went on all last year. Just kidding, but it is a big deal, 2 dates in one week.

Date one was on Wednesday night. We went out for dinner, shopping (kind of - we went to the comic book store and Target) and a movie in the Falls - we saw “Young Adult.” I’m glad it was a $5 movie, because I wouldn’t recommend paying more per ticket to see that movie. I thought it was super effing boring, but B thought it was okay.  The trip to Target was awesome - I got a pretty good haul, and it was all from the bargain bins! I bought a cute little teal mailbox (decoration for the newly painted room), Valentine’s/love themed wood blocks that spell “love,” “hugs, “kiss,” and “xoxo” - the o’s are hearts (it is also possible to spell sex and include a heart before or after the word - thanks for figuring that out, B), and 2 sets of really cute magnets - 6 fruits and 6 veggies. I took the magnets to daycare to put on our classroom’s magnet board, but the kids were beating them up and fighting over them, so now they’re on our fridge. :)

Date two was Friday night. We went out for dinner at Applebee’s (fancy schmancy - haha) because we had a gift card. Afterward we used another gift card to get blizzards from DQ. It was a cheap date, but we had fun and I didn’t have to make dinner - win/win!

Our dates made me daydream even more about our upcoming vacation to Atlanta - only 3 and a half months to go!  Perhaps we’ll throw in a mini-vacation in the mean time - that would be lovely.

No comments:

Post a Comment