08 February 2013

My husband is the greatest.  Over the weekend, he gave me the green light to order myself an early Valentine’s Day/Birthday combo gift - a Silhouette Portrait.  I’ve had my eye on Silhouette products for a while, but could never pull the trigger because I couldn’t justify spending $300 on my arts and crafts hobby.  Thankfully, the new Silhouette Portrait comes in at a much more reasonable price of $200, and thanks to shopping around and watching for sales, I was able to snag my fancy new toy for $160 from Overstock.com (free shipping!!).

UPS delivered the machine yesterday, just minutes after I had left for work, so I had to get through 3 hours of anticipation until I could start checking out my new toy.

Unfortunately, I haven’t had much time to play with it.  B really wanted to catch up on TV last night because we had a night apart, so I installed the software, but didn’t have a chance to do much more than browse at all of the designs they have in the digital store and start putting together a wishlist.  I was lazy today and didn’t start playing with it until after noon, leaving me with not enough time to actually start cutting.  I did manage to fix an issue I was having, as well as add some free cut files that I’ve found via Pinterest.  We’re busy tonight and tomorrow as well, so I guess I’m going to have to wait until Sunday to play and cut and enjoy this new machine.

So far, I’m really impressed with my Silhouette Portrait.  It’s a nice size, the software isn’t too confusing, and customer support is efficient and friendly.  I’m definitely looking forward to the crafting adventures to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment