27 February 2013

Canceled

This cycle was officially canceled on CD22 (last Friday).  I went in Friday morning for a blood draw to check on my estradiol level - it was low on CD13, still low on CD16, slightly higher on CD18, and then plummeted again on CD22.  It never broke 100, which was definitely not a good sign.  My wimpy E2 has been the bane of my existence for a few months now.  I actually remembered to ask my NP if there was anything that could be done to help it improve, but she said the only way to help it would be to increase my Clomid dose next round and hope that my follicles grow faster.  Yay.

So now we’re pretty much back to square one, which totally sucks.  I have to admit, I wasn’t really feeling this cycle - it just didn’t feel the same as the ones when I actually did ovulate.  I was super surprised at my mid-cycle scans when we saw 2 growing follicles - I wasn’t expecting to see any good one, but of course they had to fizzle out and be disappointing, as usual.  At this point, I’m surprised when something good happens rather than the opposite.

Regardless of my low expectations, I’m still bummed that this cycle was such a waste.  We’re getting down to the wire - if I have a cycle in March, it will be our last chance to have a baby in 2013.

I like even numbers better anyway … :)

No comments:

Post a Comment