20 March 2012

Road Trip!

It has been way too long since I’ve posted on this thing.  I blame work.  Work sucks.

Moving on …

In about a month, B and I will be going on our first vacation since our honeymoon last spring, and I am so excited! And to make the 14 plus hour road trip to Atlanta even more interesting, we’ll be joined by my brother and (soon to be) sister-in-law!

B deserves all of the credit for planning this trip - he was the one who noticed that the Braves home opening series was against the Brewers (he checked the MLB schedule as soon as it came out), he took the initiative to invite my brother and sister in law, and he planned all of the other activities we’ll be enjoying while on our trip as well.  Great job, babe!

This is our itinerary for the vacation:

Thursday, April 12 - travel day - we’re looking at about 16 hours (give or take … I’m including food and shopping breaks in this estimation) in the car, all the way from Wisconnie to ATL

Friday, April 13 - our first full day in Atlanta.  We’re going to the Georgia Aquarium in the morning, eating some real Southern Barbecue, and then heading to the Braves home opener against the Brewers.

Saturday, April 14 - zoo day!  I’m so excited, we didn’t have enough time to make it to Zoo Atlanta last year - and they have PANDAS!!!  (“RICK!  I killed a Panda!” - just for you B lol).  Post-zoo festivities include *hopefully* eating at Antico Pizza, and Braves vs Brewers game 2.

Sunday, April 15 - our last day in Atlanta :( - eating at The Vortex, Braves vs Brewers game 3, and then … hitting the road to come back home.  We’re planning on stopping in Nashville for the night.

Monday, April 16 - finish the drive from Nashville to home.  Boo!

It’s not going to be a very long trip, but we have a lot of things crammed into those few days, and it should be a very fun time.  I’m a little worried about the weather - it’s already 80 degrees here … it’s going to be like 100 degrees in Atlanta next month - yikers!  Regardless of the temperature, I am certain that we’ll have an amazing time.

No comments:

Post a Comment