04 March 2012

Charting Revisited

It’s been a while since I’ve talked about my experience charting my BBT on Fertility Friend. That’s because there isn’t much to tell. I quit doing it.

I had done a pretty good job of taking my temperature first thing in the morning (at approximately the same time every day) for almost 2 months. In that 2 months, I found out that my temperature doesn’t really follow normal patterns. Aside from the time I spiked a fever (I got the flu the Thursday before Christmas), my temperature ranged from 97.3 to 97.8 - never more, never less. After seeing that every morning for a month and a half, I decided I would stop charting until after visiting my doctor. While at that appointment, she asked if I had been charting and what I had seen, and she came to the conclusion that I had expected - my cycles during that time were anovulatory. Bummer. She briefly brought up using medication to help regulate things after a few months (if things don’t sort themselves out), but I wasn’t really given any more instruction.

Now that I’ve started taking the prenatal vitamins that I was prescribed, I am thinking about starting to chart again (after I replace the battery in my thermometer - I can’t believe it died already!). Maybe things will change (my NP said the vitamins might help somewhat in making things more normal). And if there is no change, then I’ll at least have my chart as proof that nothing is happening the next time I make an appointment, and at that point, we can further discuss the idea of using pharmaceutical help.

No comments:

Post a Comment