27 January 2013

On Wednesday, B and I went on an awesome adventure.  I’ve been meaning to write about it since Thursday, but my motivation has pretty much been at zero all week.  It happens, I guess.

B bought us tickets to see “The Book of Mormon” way back in March.  The big day finally came around last Wednesday, and we made the day an adventure.

This is how our day went:
-stopped by my clinic to get a blood draw (I had an order in for a blood pregnancy test.  Negative.  No surprise there.)
-browsed at Toys R Us while waiting for lunch menu to come up, found a super disturbing doll - Moxie Girlz “Poopsy Pets” (seriously, what are toy makers thinking??  Do little girls really like these things?  Ugh.)
-ate lunch at Chick-fil-A (we don’t agree with their beliefs about gay people - love is love and it’s nobody’s business - but damn those are delicious sandwiches)
-finished drive to Chicago, shopped at Old Navy (I managed to walk out without spending too much money - one tank top on clearance for $3.50 - woot!) and browsed Blick Art Store
-went to Bank of America Theatre to see “The Book of Mormon” - it was awesome.  Ben Platt (aka Benji from “Pitch Perfect”) was Elder Cunningham.  Highlight of my day.
-ate at Exchequer pub.  We got a deep dish pizza.  Yummmm!
-browsed around the City Target, bought Mrs. Fields milk chocolate chip cookies
-left Chicago around 6 and managed to not get too stuck in traffic, then ran into white-out snow in Wisconsin (that was super scary)
-arrived at home around 9, just in time for bed.

I really enjoyed spending a random Wednesday adventuring with my husband.  Going to see “The Book of Mormon” was totally his idea, I didn’t know what to expect really … he did a good job.  Hopefully we can arrange some more fun date adventures soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment