24 May 2013

Memorial Day Weekend



B shared this with me on Friday, and it was too hilarious not to share.  Thank me later :)

I thought we were going to be enjoying a nice, low-key holiday weekend.  I should have known better.  Our usual huge Easter gathering didn't work out this year (mom was ill), and my parents were out of town for Mother's Day, so my mom suggested we have a Memorial Day BBQ.  I was under the impression that it was going to be a smaller gathering - my parents, sisters, and maybe grandma, and the in-laws.  Ha!  Not even close.  My brother and sister-in-law don't have to work, so they're coming up, and my sister-in-law's grandpa, my youngest sister's boyfriend, and one of my close friends and her 2 children are also joining us.  Our house is going to be crammed full of people in a couple of hours.  Yipes!

B and I spent the better part of yesterday cleaning the house - it was nowhere near ready for company.  It actually looks really good right now, hopefully it lasts more than a day.

Have a groovy time this Memorial Day weekend, friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment