11 December 2013

Just a Few More Days

I'm finally in the last few days of the 2 week wait - after this weekend, we'll know if we had any success with our first IUI.  I've had a fairly positive outlook on this IUI for the most part, but today, with just a few more days until the beta, I have to say - I really don't know if it worked.  Obviously it's still pretty early (9DPO today), and maybe it did, but we didn't have very high odds.  I've been noticing some "symptoms" because I can't resist symptom spotting, but I'm pretty sure it's just the progesterone playing tricks on me.

Speaking of progesterone ... I had my 7DPO progesterone lab on Monday.  I was lucky enough to have my favorite nurse do the draw.  I really appreciate how thoroughly she explains things (she understands that I'm a control freak) - she told me that a regular clinic wants it to be at 8 or above, but they prefer to see 15 or above.  If my progesterone was low, they would have increased me to 2 progesterone invasions a day (because that's what those progesterone suppositories are - invasions), but thankfully it came back at 35.  The nurse who called with my results was very pleased with the number, so that's exciting.  That was probably the first time in our TTC history that I was an overachiever.  Unfortunately, my awesome progesterone level has nothing to do with whether or not I'm pregnant, so it's not that important, but it felt good to have something go right.

I've been debating  if I want to test early or just wait for the beta, but I think test early has won, although I don't think it's a very good idea (that doesn't make any sense, I know).  I know that the tests I have are sensitive enough to detect 20-25 mIU/ml (whatever that means), but I also know that the most accurate test is going to be the blood test.  In a way, I don't really want to see another negative test, but if it's going to be negative, at least I'll be prepared.

Anyway, enough of my crazy rambling.  I'll maybe check in with the results. Or not.  I don't know.

No comments:

Post a Comment