20 December 2011

Charting

At the beginning of the month (actually, a few days into December), I decided to start charting my temperatures with Fertility Friend so that I could better understand my cycle. It’s been an interesting experience, even though I don’t really have much data yet.  It can be a bit of a pain in the bum remembering to take my temp at the same time every day, but B has been helping me remember - such a good husband! :)

So far, it seems to indicate that O-day was on the 10th, meaning today is 10DPO. According to my free VIP access, I should test around the 29th.  A positive test would be the best (belated) Christmas gift EVER!

I mentioned in an earlier post that I was considering adding the use of a conception enhancing supplement to boost our chances of a successful cycle. I ordered Fertilaid by Fair Haven Health, and attempted to follow the dosing guidelines for one month.  A full daily dose is 3 pills, but some days I forgot (or didn’t have enough on me) and took 2, 1, or completely missed a day (missing a day only happened maybe twice - for the most part I took 2 or 3).  According to many reviews I read on the internet, women were becoming pregnant after only using one months worth of the supplement, although the manufacturer states that it could take 3 months to build up in a woman’s system, resulting in a success.  I am really hoping that we will be included in the one month successes, but I’m trying to be realistic.

If this isn’t our cycle, I do not intend to continue buying Fertilaid, mostly because it is so expensive (nearly $30 for a one month supply - that’s kind of crazy).  Instead, the plan is to take a daily multi-vitamin and vitex in an attempt to naturally regulate my system.  Like I said before, a positive test would be an excellent Christmas present … I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

No comments:

Post a Comment