23 December 2011

I am a Scrooge

Last weekend, I spent nearly 2 full days baking Christmas cookies and listening to Christmas songs and I was completely miserable.  (I have to admit, the sweets were a pretty nice trade off, even though I really should avoid them.)  I can’t stand shopping during the holiday season (which I guess starts after Halloween now?  Yeesh!  It gets earlier and earlier every year!) because of the relentless crowds and holiday muzak.  It’s the worst.

And then there’s the other problem.  Hubs and I are challenged when it comes to Christmas gifts.

We just don’t do it right.  We buy ourselves lots and lots and lots of gifts (because we love ourselves the most, obviously), but we wait until the absolute last minute to buy gifts for others, and they always lack creativity. This year:  $25 in cold hard cash for everyone!*  Kind of pathetic.  And cheap.  I’m pretty sure this makes us horrible people, but really, we can’t help it.  The youngest people we’re buying gifts for are 17 - basically, we’re all adults and we’re all over it.   Next year, I think the plan is to pick names and set a $50 limit.  It’s so much easier to buy for one person than it is to buy for 6.  Bah Humbug.

*Hubs was able to think of an awesome gift for one of my sisters - tickets to a wrestling Pay-per-View event.  That’s the only non-cash gift we’re giving this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment