14 February 2012

Be Mine

Because Valentine’s Day fell on a Tuesday this year, we decided to enjoy an early Valentine’s celebration over the weekend.  On Saturday, we ran some errands, ate at one of our favorite burger places, saw a movie (Chronicle - it was goooood!), and did a little shopping.  It was pretty perfect.  Then on Monday, B surprised me with my Valentine’s card early.  Inside, there was an extra little note and love coupons.  So sweet.

Today, I gave B my love coupons.  That’s it.  My poor Valentine didn’t get anything special :(.  He shouldn’t feel too bad about it though, because I didn’t take any Valentine’s for my kids at daycare either.  I’m an awful teacher.  I had the best intentions - hell, I even started putting some together (the plan was to DIY that stuff using some of the materials I already had at home) - I just never got around to finishing them.  Making 26 Valentine cards by hand is a bitch.  I should have just bought some cheap ones like I usually do.  The kids were kinda naughty today, so that made me feel less bad about not bringing cards.  Hahaha.

I have to say that this year, Valentine’s day was pretty great.  We didn’t do anything fancy - like our trip to Chicago a couple of years ago - but it was nice to eat a homemade dinner and sit on the couch and watch tv with the man I love.

No comments:

Post a Comment