10 July 2012

Chicagoland, Minor Home Redecorating, and Birthday Cake

That’s what our weekend consisted of … and it was so freaking busy!


B and I spent pretty much all day Saturday in Chicago and the surrounding ‘burbs, which was really fun. We started the day at IKEA - I love that store. I did some window shopping, and I think I might throw together a post of my wishlist later … we’ll see how motivated I am. We ended up spending a little less than $90 there, and it was a good haul! We bought a new coffee table and a new curtain (and rod and brackets) for our dining room. I am super pleased with our purchases - the coffee table is HUGE and it was only $40, and the new curtains are awesome. Our dining room is definitely one of the ugliest rooms in our house, but now I kind of like it.


After IKEA, we went to Exchequer Pub and shared a heavenly deep dish pizza. Seriously - so freaking good! I could eat it every day (and then I would die after like a week because there’s just so. much. cheese. Yum!).  The original after dinner plan was to do some shopping/walking in Downtown Chicago, but I decided against going to my favorite Old Navy store because I’m trying to spend less money.  Instead, we went driving around the ‘burbs of Chicago. 


We browsed at a couple of shops in Ravenswood/Lincoln Square - Orange Beautiful, Amy’s Candy Bar, and Hoard Antiques. We drove by a couple of Chicago’s famous landmarks - Wrigley Field and The Weiner’s Circle, and I did some window shopping/drooling at Paper Source (aka heaven). 


After wasting a bit of time, we finally drove over to Aragon Ballroom for the Tenacious D concert (the reason why we spent the day in Chicago).  It was super hot in the ballroom, and we didn’t last long on the floor with the huge crowd.  After scouting the place, we settled in a less populated area on the side of the stage - we had a decent view, and it worked well (until I started getting sick from the heat and ended up leaning against a wall the whole night).  I didn’t care for the opening band, but I enjoyed listening to Tenacious D (for the most part - there was like 5 minutes of Jack Black just being weird … I wasn’t really into that).  I realized that I’m too old for concerts that don’t have seats - I’m getting lazy in my old age :).


Sunday was not a day of rest for us at all.  B woke up early to do his side job and record his podcast, and I woke up and put together our new coffee table.  I wanted to put the new curtains up also, but removing the old ones was a bit more difficult than I had anticipated.  I attempted to remove the old curtain rod myself, but failed.  B also tried, but that thing was not budging.  We ended up having B’s parents come over to help us (after we went to their house to fix their internet connection).  Stupidly, I only grabbed 2 brackets at IKEA for hanging the curtain rod, so we had to get creative with supplies from ACE Hardware.  B’s dad made some adjustments to a plant hanger, and it all worked out in the end. 


The highlight of my weekend occurred Sunday afternoon after the curtains were installed - I got my first positive OPK!  I had given up on this cycle and then - BAM - it appears as though I may have ovulated (or will ovulate soon?).  I don’t know for sure - my chart doesn’t look that great - I had another positive OPK on Monday, along with slight temp rise, and then today, my temp was back to where it was before with a negative OPK.  I guess my plan now is to wait a few days (FF says I could ovulate up until Wednesday) and then call my OB/GYN office and see if they want me to come in to have my Progesterone levels tested or whatever. 


We ended the weekend by celebrating the first birthday of a very sweet little girl. It was nice to spend the afternoon with our friends, and the birthday girl looked extra adorable with frosting all over her face. It was a very busy and entertaining weekend … I think I need another weekend just to recover.

No comments:

Post a Comment