25 July 2012

Trying Something New

Now that I’m on CD5 (damn you, AF!), I figured I would share the TTC changes I’m making this cycle.

One new thing that I’m very excited to try this cycle is the Clearblue Easy Fertility Monitor.  I stalked eBay, put in several bids (and lost several auctions), and ended up buying a gently used monitor at the super discounted price of $64.98 (originally $69.98, but there was an issue with the shipping - I was charged $2 to pick it up from the post office because there was postage due on it.  I contacted the seller, and they were amazing enough to refund $5 for the hassle).  Not a bad deal at all, considering they retail for $130-150.  The one downside to the CBEFM is that the test sticks usually sell for about $40 for 30 sticks.  Quite an increase when compared to my previous $14 for 40 Wondfo ovulation sticks and 10 pregnancy tests from Amazon.  With any luck, it will help us right away and I won’t need it for more than a couple of cycles (which should only use one box of 30 sticks).  Once we no longer need it, I’ll either stash it away in storage or resell it to another TTC-er and make back the money I spent on it.  I think it was a pretty good investment.

Another new thing that I’m pretty excited about is my “exercise regimen.”  I say that in quotes because I don’t really like to exercise (not a good thing), and I don’t do this regularly, but … I have started to kind of get into yoga for fertility.  This consists of different yoga poses that help the flow of energy and blood to the reproductive areas.  I don’t know that I really believe in all of that (well, I get the blood circulation, but energy?  Meh) but I figured it can’t really hurt.  At the very least, it helps me relax and that’s a very major benefit to me.  Currently, I’m trying some stuff I found on YouTube because I didn’t want to have to pay for it if it turned out it wasn’t for me.  If I start getting more into it and notice a lot of benefits and changes, then maybe I’ll purchase a DVD.  Actually, I’d really like to go to a class, but living in a small town means yoga classes aren’t readily available.  Maybe some day …

I also made a few minor changes to my diet.  I’m attempting to eat more leafy greens (I say attempting because - lets be real - eating spinach salads for a week straight got old fast.  Taking a break for a couple weeks, then trying again with a much smaller supply of spinach), I’m trying to eat more protein (yum!  eggs!), and I’m going crazy over fresh fruit.  I’m still working on portion sizes and well-rounded meals, and I just can’t seem to kick my chocolate cravings - there’s definitely room for improvement.

I’m pretty proud of myself for attempting to make some changes and trying new things, and I’m always looking for more suggestions, if any TTC-ers want to share.

Just don’t say acupuncture.  I won’t do that.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment