27 November 2011

Timing is Everything

Trying to have a baby is one of those things in life that cannot be planned.  But that doesn’t stop us from trying :).

When we first started having real discussions about starting our family, we started talking about when we’d like our child’s birthday to be (in an ideal situation). This turned out to be one of the few things that we completely agree on. We both said that we would like to have a summer baby. B’s reasoning was that if the kid has a birthday in the summer, we don’t have to send birthday treats to school. Not the most logical reasoning, but funny and it means less work for me, so I’m sold. My reasoning for wanting a summer baby is that there are fewer holidays in the summer. There’s nothing worse than having a Christmas birthday. At least that’s what I assume. Also, we’re hoping to be expecting in 2012, which means we have to avoid an October due date because that’s when my brother is getting married. It wouldn’t be very nice of us to steal their thunder. Plus I’m a bridesmaid and we ordered our dresses and I don’t want to deal with altering it to fit a giant belly (although they are pretty flow-y, so I’m not super worried). According to my lovely What To Expect Fertility Tracker app, if we are successful this month (actually next month, since it’s barely still November) the estimated due date would be the end of August, which would be perfect. I really would like this to work out - baby dust and happy thoughts are appreciated.

No comments:

Post a Comment