10 June 2012

Burnt

Yesterday, we spent about 3 hours in the direct sunlight of the early morning watching my sisters graduate from high school (woo hoo!).  It was in the high 80’s (reaching about 91 degrees by the afternoon).  I made sure to soak B in sunscreen because he’s so fair (he’s a delicate flower :D), but didn’t put any on myself because I needed some color.  Now I regret that decision, because the shirt I was wearing was kind of low cut.  My chest is so sunburned.  It was a little hard to sleep last night, and the shirt that I’m wearing today (a regular t-shirt) is rubbing the burn and making it feel awful.  My arms were sunburned yesterday too - and now they’re mostly just tan.  Too bad the rest of my sunburn didn’t cooperate like that :(.  I hope it heals quickly, but until it does, I’m going to keep smearing on aloe and trying to ignore the discomfort.


Always wear sunscreen, kids.  Sunburn sucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment