05 June 2012

Post-Appointment Update

Overall, I think the appointment went really well.  I liked the doctor I saw, it was pretty quick, and I did not have to have an exam because I just had one in February (woohoo!!).

My actual talk with the doctor was pretty short.  She told me that there were 3 routes to take - an indirect, wait and see approach using Provera and Clomid (and seeing her), a more hands on approach using ultrasounds, medications, etc to check in on the production of follicles through a Nurse Practitioner at a different clinic, or going full tilt and seeing an RE.  I opted for choice number one.  I was also given a sample cup for B to do a semen analysis (he’s not happy with me), and we agreed that I should try to lose some weight.  Before leaving, they asked me to have a pregnancy test done just to make sure - results were negative.

On the way home, we stopped to pick up my prescriptions, and I’ll start taking the Provera tonight.  I need to order some ovulation predictor sticks too.  I started charting again at the beginning of the month, so I’ll keep that up as well and hopefully all of these elements combined will result in a baby - I’m thinking positive thoughts :).

No comments:

Post a Comment