17 September 2014

Blog Challenge Day 17 - Go-To Resources

I have a handful of go-to resources for infertility information and support.  One of my most used resources is Twitter.  The infertility community on Twitter is amazing.  I like that I can ask about different types of treatment and I'll get a response from someone who has already experienced it and can give advice.  In my experience, everyone has been very supportive, and it feels like a safe place to vent about some of the silly or frustrating things that happen during treatment or while in limbo.

I hate to admit it, but I do still consult with Dr. Google and the occasional infertility forums.  I try to avoid Google as much as possible because it's inevitable that I'll get wrong information or the worst case scenario, but sometimes there's good information to be found as well.  I've been decreasing my activity on the infertility forum that I typically follow, not because of any problems, I'm just trying to go back to keeping some private things private.  The Fertility Authority website is an excellent resourcec, as is the Daily Shot newsletter.  The RESOLVE and Creating a Family websites are also great sources for information about infertility and family building options.

My most valuable source of support is my internet BFF.  She has gone through this process before, so she has great insights into what to expect and how to handle the stress and such.  She's my cheerleader and motivator - she has such a positive attitude and a great sense of humor - she really helps me out more than I can even say.  I'm lucky to have her as a friend and confidante.

No comments:

Post a Comment