05 September 2014

Blog Challenge Day 5: Infertility Mantras and Quotes and IVF update


Because some day, I hope to find the beauty in everything that we've been through.


I am really good at imagining everything that could go wrong in any given situation.  This has been my mantra to keep myself from jumping to worst case scenarios.  



*****IVF Update:  this week, we signed the consent forms for our IVF cycle, we did our injections training, and I had the polyps (or whatever that yuck inside my uterus was) removed.  The hysteroscopy/polypectomy was really not a terrible procedure.  Going into it, I was mostly nervous about the general anesthetic, but I was very lucky and didn't end up having any bad side effects.  I thought I would be anxious all day leading up to the procedure, but I managed to stay zen about the whole thing, and I'm pretty proud of myself.  I'm glad I had this experience with the anesthesia, because now I won't be stressed to be under general anesthesia for the egg retrieval.

I managed to not embarrass myself too much while under the anesthesia - I may have said something to my RE about how hungry I was (I hadn't eaten in over 16 hours ... that's not pleasant), and I told the nurse in recovery that I hoped I didn't snore (and she assured me I didn't, which was very sweet of her, although I'm not sure I believe her).  By the time I was wheeled back to my room and B came in, I was pretty much awake.  I haven't had much pain from the procedure aside from a little bit of cramps here and there.  The best part about the procedure is that I was given pictures of the inside of my uterus.  It's pretty awesome for a science nerd like me.

I think my post-op appointment will be lumped in with my baseline monitoring appointment in a couple of weeks.  In the meantime, I'll be seeing the other RE with the practice on Monday for my trial embryo transfer and I'll be starting Lupron that night.  Now that we're getting closer to the injections/stimulation stage, it feels like this cycle is going very quickly, and we're getting really close to the good parts.  This progress is super exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment