01 September 2014

Blog Challenge Day 1: 7 Things About Me

Woo hoo! Day one of the 30 day challenge!  I wasn't thinking this through when I came up with this list - I just did a 28 things about me post for my birthday a few months ago.  D'oh!  I tried my best to not repeat things (it wasn't easy!).
  1. I have never had surgery or broken a bone before.  This will change when I have my hysteroscopy later this week. (I'm nervous!)
  2. I rarely drink alcohol.  I have never been drunk.  It's just never been something that I was really interested in.  Same goes for "recreational" drugs.  Never tried them, never want to.
  3. I love dancing, but I'm not good at it. My lack of dance skillz doesn't stop me from tearing it up on the dance floor (aka my living room with all of the shades pulled so nobody can see me).
  4. I'm not a fan of Halloweeen, but if I were, my go-to costumes would be:  Ms. Frizzle from the Magic School Bus (because of my similar frizzy hair), Marge Simpson (because of my yellow-ish skin tone), or Wilma Flintstone (because of our shared love of top knots).
  5. I am a geek.  I love Harry Potter (I'm a Hufflepuff) and Doctor Who.  I sometimes read comic books (I like Alex + Ada, Sex Criminals, and the Buffy/Angel books).   I've been to 3 comic conventions.
  6. I love drawing/doodling, painting and practicing hand lettering.  I try to keep our kitchen white board updated with different seasonally themed quotes or random song lyrics.  If I had better skills, I would try to sell my work at craft fairs or on Etsy. 
  7. My blog URL, email, and twitter handle are all variations of I love you potato.  It's a wink at B, who says silly, random things when he talks in his sleep.  He called me potato, but he's the potato one.
So there you have it, 7 (more) things about me.  Review the challenge list here, and join in the fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment