03 September 2014

Blog Challenge Day 3: Infertility Playlist

The prompt for day 3 is:  share a few songs that are on your infertility playlist.  I am a little bit of a music nerd - I don't play or write music or anything, I just really love music and often spend full days listening to my Pandora or Spotify playlists, getting lost in it.  There are so many songs that I relate to infertility, here are just a few of my favorites.

Whitley - More Than Life

I think the chorus sums it up perfectly - "I want this more than life."  The rest of the lyrics are really great as well.

Paramore - Last Hope

This song made it on my radar this summer after we saw Paramore in concert.  The song was written at a time when Hayley, the lead singer, was running out of steam with the constant touring, but the lyrics speak to so much more than that.  I love the opening line, as I've felt the same way so many times - "I don't even know myself at all, thought I would be happy by now," but the part that really gets me is the chorus - "it's just a spark, but it's enough to keep me going."  That little spark of hope is what keeps me motivated when I feel fed up with treatment, and this song is a reminder to keep looking for that spark of hope.

Jon McLaughlin - We All Need Saving

This is my go to "in-a-crummy-mood-and-just-want-to-cry" song.  It's about feeling lost in the negative feelings and feeling alone, but remembering you're not the first person to feel that way, and sometimes we all need to lean on someone else.  Infertility can feel like such a huge, never ending burden, and sometimes, you just need to let someone help you out and get out of a funk.


No comments:

Post a Comment